Xcode error on creation of new project

Discussion in 'Xcode tips and tricks' started by richardemery839, May 4, 2013.

1. I am new to IOS and Xcode and have had to start over on a project 3 times this week. I downloaded (after deleting everything I could find) Xcode a second time and when I tried to create a new project four error triangles came up on the launch images for iPad (one in each corner of the launch image pics). I don't know how to amend this error - can anyone help please? I can still attach images to the icons for iPad but these errors won't let me run the iPad simulator as the project won't build.

2. boomstick

boomstick Super Moderator Staff Member

Any chance you could attach a screen shot? It may be that your uninstallation of XCode may not be complete and it is retaining some stupid settings file causing that.

3. "Thanks boomstick;759. My membership does not allow me to attach screen shots unfortunately. But I think you are right about the uninstallation not being complete as Xcode picked up on other things e.g. two files TestDriveController.h & TestDriveController.m along with other annoying bits and pieces I had tried to delete. I am trying to create a Road Trip app from scratch using IOS 6 application for Dummies by Neal Goldstein and Dave Wilson. Neal does most of the writing and has changed a final version of this app twice in the last week (on his website) so I am guessing other people are having similar problems along with him."

4. boomstick

There is a Mac app called "App Cleaner". You may want to use that in order to fully clean our mac from XCode.

On a side note, I will be in Thailand in about 3 months. How do you like life there? :)

Alvil likes this.
  5. Thanks Boomstick. I have seen that app before but never really thought about using it. I have been living in Thailand, specifically Bangkok, for two and a half years and love it. I don't really work and am semi retired (the reason for starting this app quest) and have traveled extensively throughout the land. Like anywhere there are social problems but there is a lack of Western attitude and I have a great time. You are going to arrive just past the middle of the rainy season and it will have started to cool down a bit. It is currently in the late 30's (40 and over some days) by the time you arrive it should be mid 30's :D

6. boomstick

awesome stuff man. Good luck. Hopefully your problem got solved.

7. Anees Masudi

Anees Masudi Newbie

Yeah, the way moderators and administrators working over this forum is the only reason why many young ios developers opts to join the forum.

8. webbygiants

webbygiants Newbie

Great work and wish you the best of luck hope your problem will solve soon

9. Jack Carter

Jack Carter Newbie

It may be that your uninstallation of XCode may not be complete and it is retaining some stupid settings file causing that. You may take help from Google.