Unknown class CaptureViewController in Interface Builder file

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by Jose Romero, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Jose Romero

Jose Romero Newbie

Hi, I created a framework following a tutorial, where firstly an static library is created, next an Aggregate target is added for supporting all processors architectures, and finally a bundle target is added for managing resources. So at the end of this tutorial I got a .framework file and a .bundle file, I have to copy these two files to the project where I want to use my framework features.
    In the resources bundle I have a storyboard where I have a view controller scene with Storyboard ID: captureview and Custom Class: CaptureViewController that I created, Also I'm using a label with Custom Class: KAProgressLabel that I've included in my framework.

CaptureViewController.h

Screen Shot 2015-12-18 at 8.37.33 PM.png

CaptureViewController.m

Screen Shot 2015-12-18 at 8.38.02 PM.png

What I want to do basically is to open a that view controller scene that is in the framework storyboard, from a third-party app. To achieve this I have the following function in my framework that receive the current view controller of the third-party app:

Screen Shot 2015-12-18 at 8.38.33 PM.png

To load the framework bundle I use the following function:

Screen Shot 2015-12-18 at 8.39.06 PM.png

So, when I include my framework in the third-party app and call the
    showMessageInViewController function:

Screen Shot 2015-12-18 at 8.42.18 PM.png

The view that is in the storyboard is launched, but the viewDidLoad function of CaptureViewController is never executed and I' got the following output:
    Unknown class CaptureViewController in Interface Builder file.
    Unknown class KAProgressLabel in Interface Builder file.

So it's like the storyboard could not find my framework custom classes. Am I doing something wrong? How should I manage my framework resources?

2. saud

saud Administrator Staff Member

Jose, I will try taking a look at this. I will let you know something soon.

3. saud

saud Administrator Staff Member

I looked around a little bit and found a few avenues. Have you tried this:

Select each of your custom class objects in Storyboard (this includes any custom views, even the custom view controllers themselves).

Then with those objects selected, open the identity inspector and under "Custom Class" you should see the Module option. Click inside the Module text box, and press enter.

4. gboxmxfr

gboxmxfr Newbie

Custom class object need to be selected, bro.

5. damponting44

damponting44 Banned

I determined this issue as I was writing the question. I figured I'd answer my question and abandon it here for any other individual who may confront this issue when utilizing Xcode 6 beta 4.

To determine this issue, you have to choose each of your custom class questions in Storyboard (this incorporates any custom perspectives, even the custom view controllers themselves).

At that point with those items chose, open the character controller and under "Custom Class" you ought to see the Module choice. Click inside the Module content box, and press enter.

That is it! The present module for the majority of my custom items probably been inside inaccurately set in some way or another in Xcode 6 beta 4. In any case, there was no visual sign of this in the monitor.

Take note of that if squeezing enter inside the Module content box doesn't work, take a stab at selecting the bolt to one side and physically select your present module, then clear the content box and press enter. You can likewise take a stab at squeezing enter inside the class content box (despite the fact that this ordinarily is to determine an alternate issue).

2). Since you have about just 30 pictures I don't think it would have quite a bit of an effect.

3). With a specific end goal to make it simple for director you presumably need to make an administrator area on a server that regulates the substance.

4). Yes you a have applications that don't need to be on application store. A considerable measure of big business organizations have venture profiles that permit them to convey to clients without application store.