Turn Based Game Match Data in iOS

Discussion in 'iOS Game Development' started by Vijay, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Vijay

Vijay Newbie

Hi I’m working on turn based game development using turn based API from Apple’s GameKit framework. My game is 2 player strategy game. Currently I’m facing the issue match data update on game play screen when the player complete their turn. I have more animation on game play, so the turn data make impact both side.

and also we need reference or guidance for following questions:

1.when i get invite from the opponent player, the app will launch and authenticate on home screen but didn’t navigate to game play screen.

2.How the match data manage easily?

3.I have 3 primary leaderboard to play the game, Is this possible to update scoreboard for every turn?

2. The SDK is only available on OS X, forcing you to use a mac. If you don't want to purchase a mac you can either run OS X on a virtual machine on your windows box, or you can install OS X on your PC.

3. damponting44

damponting44 Banned

Turn-based matches have many useful characteristics that make them great for implementing board games and other similar styles of games; for example: A player can participate in multiple matches simultaneously. A game loads whichever match the player is interested in viewing or advancing. Players must connect to Game Center only to take a turn. A match can be created with less than a full complement of players, even a single player. Other players are added as needed.