Tried to submit my first app, account is now under investigation

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by david77, Apr 30, 2019.

1. david77

david77 Newbie

Hello everyone,

I recently finished building my first app. It's a simple little game where the user tries to pick out a square of a color that is slightly different than the background that it sits on. There are banner ads at the bottom through AdMob and a single IAP to remove them.

I've been developing iOS and macOS apps professionally for almost 5 years now, and thought it would be fun to make my own. When I submitted the app for review, I was told my metadata had been rejected, but not which part of the metadata. I read through all of the guidelines they cited, and none seemed to apply to me, so I responded in the Resolution Center asking for clarification. The response I received thanked me for the new information I provided (I only asked for clarification, I didn't provide anything...) and my app went back into review. This morning I woke up to an email saying that my app had been rejected and that my account was under investigation for fraudulent behavior.

I just created this developer account a couple of weeks ago, and as far as I can tell, I'm not doing anything against the rules in my app. No information has been provided to me as to why my account is suspect, or as to why my app was rejected.

I'm a little discouraged, and I don't really know how to proceed at this point. Has anyone had anything like this happen before? We have a group that deals with app submissions for us at work, so I've never been privy to this process.

Thank you!