Scrolling Horizontally and Vertically With Sections

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by thesundayscientist, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Apologies if this is a common problem with an obvious solution! I'm very new to iOS development, and have spent a number of hours trying to figure this out, so would be really grateful for advice.

Basically, I'm trying to build a Newspaper app.

What I want is the app to open up and display a series of sections vertically - "News,Arts, Science etc..." Associated within each section there should be a cells which you can scroll through horizontally. Each cell should be a little snippet of an article (i.e Title, thumbnail image, first line of text). Clicking on the cell should then segue you to a new View (essentially a UITextView with a few bits) where you can read the article.

The problem is complicated by the fact that I want to get the text, images etc. to fill the cells from CoreData.

What I've tried to do is this:

1) Embed a ScrollView inside each row of the table.

2) Set up a CollectionView inside the TableView cell. (i.e so we then have a table of Collection views, where the CollectionView Cell needs to be filled by data from a CoreData database.)

But I'm now wondering whether in fact there is some more sensible way? There seems to be some difficulty,for instance, in getting NSFetchedResultsController work with CollectionView? Am I on the right track/ how would people suggest approaching this problem?

Really appreciate any help :)

2. damponting44

damponting44 Banned

Search it on google buddy, for more information..