Minimum setup for IOS development

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by devslope, Sep 29, 2018.

1. devslope

devslope Newbie

Hello guys and girls!
    I'm interested in buying an mac mini for IOS development but I never owned a mac before and wanted to know what the minimum requirements for the mac would to be to be able to publish IOS apps. The mac would be used primarily for publishing apps and probably not that much for development since I will be developing the apps in a cross platform framework in another system. I might have to use the mac for some IOS specific code sometimes though but will probably not spend most of the time with it. I would prefer to able to use it for development at least 2-3 year from now.
    I'm looking at buying a 1.4Ghz i5 Mac mini with 4gb ram and 500gb. If I need more ram, I guess it would be straight forward adding some ram just like in a pc? On the back side of the box it says "©2014 Apple inc" does that mean it's a 2014 version? All your answers would be really appreciated! Thanks in advance for your much needed help!

2. saud

saud Administrator Staff Member

The mac mini should work just fine for your developer environment and yes you can add memory.