image autoresizing problem in sprite kit

Discussion in 'iOS Game Development' started by nitin kale, Jul 24, 2015.

1. nitin kale

nitin kale Newbie

Hi I am newbie in iOS and working on game development using spritekit.My problem is that images added on spritekitnode are properly fitted on iPhone 6 plus but going outside the screen for iPhone 5,4 and other version. i have also tried slalomed properties of skscene but still its not working
    somebody please help me.

2. nitin kale

nitin kale Newbie

Hi I am newbie in iOS and working on game development using spritekit.My problem is that images added on spritekitnode are properly fitted on iPhone 6 plus but going outside the simulator screen for iPhone 5,4 and other version. I have also tried scalemode properties of skscene but still its not working
    somebody please help me.

3. damponting44

damponting44 Banned

i just began another Sprite Kit venture to figure out how to utilize it. I watched and read a considerable measure of instructional exercises however no instructional exercise has a solution for my question/issue.

I need to make an application only for my iPhone 5S. So the screen size is 1136x640. I made a 1136x640 foundation picture for my application. In any case, when i add the picture to my application, its waaay to enormous! The iOS Simulator just shows the center of the picture.

Can somebody let me know what screen measure i need to utilize and why?

Much appreciated!

Here is the code which i replicated from an instructional exercise. The code is in the myScene.m record in the initWithSize strategy

SKSpriteNode *background = [SKSpriteNode spriteNodeWithImageNamed:mad:"myBackground"];

background.position = CGPointMake(CGRectGetMidX(self.frame),CGRectGetMidY(self.frame));

[self addChild:background];

4. Bebler App

Bebler App Newbie

Any feedback about the initial inquiry?

5. sukha0053

sukha0053 Newbie

thanks for this helpful thread.