Can this app be done in iOS ?

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by devtemplar, Dec 29, 2014.

1. devtemplar

devtemplar Newbie

I have to build an app in iOS.
    I need to know if this app can be done... is this a doable app?.

App requirements
    The app should start automatically when the user opens a browser in his/her cell phone.
    Or the app could start with the Operative System and be executed all the time in the background.
    The app will detect when a browser is open and the app will read the browser's window content (html or text) and then the app will show a form if a tracking number (from usps, ups, fedex, etc) is found.

Thank you for your help.

2. Haitao Li

Haitao Li Newbie

You cannot make your app run with Safari. But iOS 8 supports Safari extension and I think that's what you are looking for.

saud likes this.
  3. Rob LaPointe

Rob LaPointe Newbie

Almost impossible to accomplish, at least on iOS. You wont't be able to start an app from the browser and furthermore receive the HTML content. However you could allow the user to enter the URL within your app and then parse the webpage. Also you could debug in the similar way using chrome to phone extension.

4. damponting44

damponting44 Banned

Practically difficult to finish, in any event on iOS. You wont't have the capacity to begin an application from the program and moreover get the HTML content. Be that as it may you could permit the client to enter the URL inside your application and after that parse the website page. Likewise you can go through the
    iphone Application Development Company.